So i wanted the most possible blinged out card box without spending a fortune. I finally finished...
My beads finally came in the mail yesterday so I was able to make my pearl ribbon necklaces for my bridesmaids! I am so happy with how they turned out and promised to post the finished product so here they are and here is how I made them!
Things you need for necklaces:
- I used 8mm glass pearl beads that I got off ebay (seller bead-supply168) (You use 50 per necklace)
- Bead stringing wire (about 20" per necklace)
- Crimp beads (2 per necklace)
- Jump rings (2 per necklace)
- A pair of pliers to crimp the crimp beads
- I used 1/4" black ribbon (about 24" per necklace)
- Cut the bead string wire about 20" in length, this is more than you'll need but you use the extra to help finish the ends
- Take a crimp bead and a jump ring and thread the stringing wire through the crimp bead, through the jump ring and back through the crimp ring, creating a loop.
-Pull the stringing wire taught and squeeze the crimp bead with the pliers. Cut off the excess end.
- String 50 8mm glass beads onto the wire and repeat Steps 2+3 for the other end.
- Cut ribbon into 24" piece and loop through both jump rings and tie into a pretty bow.
- You're done!!!
I used http://vintageglamblog.com/2009/04/entry-9-diy-pearl-necklaces/#more-7325 to help me make my necklaces.
Ps. the last picture is the beautiful metal rose earrings I got in the mail today from etsy. Hope my girls like them as much as I do!