So i wanted the most possible blinged out card box without spending a fortune. I finally finished...
Josies vintage birdcage veil side DIY
Josies vintage birdcage veil startup flowers from Michaels
Josies vintage birdcage veil DIY progress1
Josies vintage birdcage veil DIY progress2
Josies vintage birdcage veil side DIY_detail with pearl border
Josies vintage birdcage veil DIY progress3_adding pearl border
Josies vintage birdcage veil side DIY_detail
Josies vintage birdcage veil front
Josie Birdcage veil 1
Josie Birdcage veil 2
flower girl dress front
flower girl dress back
What a day, what a day! Finally blessed with a day off and I was able to get so much done today!
I met with the baker for the Engagement Party. had a conference call with the Florist and my Maid of Honor, went to Discover Mills Mall to double check the measurements of the Flower Girl's dress and compare them to her measurements for the right size dress, went to Michael's for their sale on beads and jewelry to use for my vintage brooch bouquet...
...and, made some more touches to my birdcage veil!!
So while I was at Michaels I came across some jars of orange and gold fabric flowers on clearance for less than $4, and instantly the wheels in my brain started turning...
I decided that since the Flower Girl's dress had orange flowers sewn into the bottom of the dress, and her tiara matched the train of my dress, but my Bridesmaids are wearing the plum purple color, that I wanted my veil to tie back into the Flower Girl and Maid of Honor with the burnt orange color, and leave my shoes to be blinged out in purple under my dress..
I started out with the fabric flowers and the glue gun, strategically placing the glitter flowers, burnt orange flowers, gold flowers, peach flowers and so on for a vintage-inspired feel..
then I decided it was a little blah, so I added a pearl border to the front since it will be asymetrically going across my face and is double-layered with a Russian polka-dot netting on top as mentioned in a previous post..
I glued, pulled apart, repositioned and glued back the hair clip piece underneath placing the veil on my head, repositioning the clip back and forth... I thought I was going to die at one point, but it finally ended up in the right position
Now I'm waiting for the pieces to really set in so I can reinforce the flowers from the bottom with a stitch here and there tomorrow... and not have to worry about flowers going here, there and everywhere on my special day
tell me what you think so far... I wish I could post my dress so you could see how it flows together...but my hubby-to-be is a huge supporter of my blog, and we wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for him!