~Our Renewals~ Hey my WBC family! I've been a little hush- hush lately. Our 14th wedding ann...
Tomorrow I'm going with my fiancé and FMIL to visit our first venue.
So here is 45 Questions for choosing our venue
Time and Space:
1. What dates are available for June 2013?
2. What happen in case of bad weather?
3. How many people can they hold for sit down, buffet, or cocktail style
Hang out room:
4. Do they have any decorating restrictions?
5. Can I move things around and decorate to our purpose?
6. How long do we have the room for? When can we start decorating?
7. Is the reception close to others hotel if needed?
8. What about parking?
9. Are chair covers,linen,glassware extra?
10. What equipment/facilities/space is available for the DJ? Photographer/?
11. Are there tables for the cake / the card box and or gifts?
12. Do they set up / take down / provide servers - what limitations on this (limited set up or take down or clean up - any fees)?
13. How the tables set up are - is there an area for the seating chart/place cards?
14. What does the coordinator help with?
15. Do you allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
16. Do you allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
17. Do you have a noise limiter fitted or can we turn the music all the way up?
18. Do you allow professional firework displays at your venue?
19. Do you have landing permission should we want a helicopter or hot air balloon to whisk us away after the evening reception?
20. Do you have a preferred order of service (when and where do we cut the cake)?
21. What time do you insist the reception finishes by?
22. Do you offer in house coordinator?
23. What about music? Sound system? Outdoor music through the weekend? On the day of?
24. Do they have a minimum food/beverage requirement?
25. Exactly what food and drink is included; cake, cake cutting fee?
26. Do we get a food tasting? At what cost? Can we provide the recipe we want?
27. Can we use the kitchen? On the wedding day? On the other day? Hired waiting staff?
28. Can we bring our own dessert/cake?
29. How much is the alcohol?
30. Do you insist on doing all the catering?
On the wedding day?
The day after brunch?
31. Can you supply examples of suggested menus along with prices?
32. Do you include a cake stand and knife if required?
33. Can we get our own license and alcohol?
34. Do you insist on supplying the wine and champagne? Is there a corkage fee?
35. If we are able to supply the wine, what do you charge for corkage?
36. Is there special price for children?
37. What time do you offer an alcohol license until?
38. What are the rental fees? And what is included? Special price if we hold it in the week, June?
39. What is their refund/cancellation policy?
40. Are taxes / gratuities included, if not how much?
41. What extra fees /add ons / upgrades are there?
42. What insurance do vendors need?
43. Do they require all their own vendors to be used (DJ, MC,)?
44. What are the various options and costs for the use of your venue?
45. Do you offer discount if we book the entire cottages and having wedding here? About multiple meal discount?